Picture of Matt Leathes
Framework v2.0.8 released!
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 21 March 2016, 8:09 PM

Good evening everyone

Just to let you know that we've just released v2.0.8 of the framework! Please test it out, and let us know what you think :)

Some of the top new features in this version:

• documentation for config.json and course.json
  • 'start controller' functionality that allows for single-page courses or having pages show before the menu
  • new property requireCompletionOf to allow for author to specify how many components in a block need to be completed in order for the block to be completed

And of course many improvements and bug fixes.

See the release page or the CHANGELOG for a full list of changes.

As ever, if you find any bugs, or have any feature requests, please submit them on GitHub (there's a wiki page with instructions here).

Many thanks to all those who contributed to this release. Who's awesome? You're awesome!

Picture of Dan Jonsson
Re: Framework v2.0.8 released!
by Dan Jonsson - Wednesday, 23 March 2016, 1:22 PM

How do I upgrade a VIP project?

Danne/

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Wednesday, 23 March 2016, 2:51 PM

What is 'a VIP project'?

Picture of Dan Jonsson
by Dan Jonsson - Wednesday, 23 March 2016, 3:50 PM

I ment WIP work in progress!

D

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Wednesday, 23 March 2016, 5:44 PM

Ah that makes more sense!

If you're running framework v2.0.7 then it's just a case of doing the following

• take a backup of your existing files!
  • download the zip of v2.0.8
  • extract the contents of that somewhere, this will create a folder called adapt_framework-2.0.8
  • go into adapt_framework-2.0.8/src/ and delete the 'course' folder
  • go back up to adapt_framework-2.0.8, copy all the files and folders in there
  • paste the files into the top level of your WIP course, confirm you want to replace the existing files/folders
  • run $ npm install just to make sure you've got all the latest required node packages
  • run $ grunt dev or $ grunt build
Picture of Gareth Walker
by Gareth Walker - Thursday, 24 March 2016, 9:33 AM

Just quick note/question on this.

When using 'grunt build' on a Mac, it seems to be the case that when I have an existing build folder I get a warning: "Cannot delete files outside the current working directory. Use --force to continue."

If I delete the pre-existing build folder, I can build as normal.

Is this how things should be from this release? I.e. a new build won't just overwrite the old, at least without using --force. Just wanted to check, as it seems to be different (but I may be losing track as I normally use grunt dev).

Picture of Dan Jonsson
by Dan Jonsson - Thursday, 24 March 2016, 2:55 PM

I can´t get this to work!

It builds ok and grunt server opens a web window with no content.

D

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 24 March 2016, 3:52 PM

Any errors in the (browser) console?

Picture of R LetItHappen
by R LetItHappen - Wednesday, 23 March 2016, 5:43 PM

Upgrading to v2.0.8 worked fine, but I start getting this error building my courses on the authoring tool:

" Warning: Error while processing "courses/56cb37ad172613280cc8d334/56d9c742720a62

9c16e122aa/build/imsmanifest.xml" file. Use --force to continue.
Aborted due to warnings. "

The error stopped once I deactivate the Tutor extension.

I checked and I have last Tutor version (2.0.3)

Picture of nigel delgaudio
by nigel delgaudio - Tuesday, 29 March 2016, 11:33 AM

I am getting the same issue. Disabling tutor is not an option for me either as it is required.

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 29 March 2016, 7:31 PM

there's been some discussion of this problem over in the authoring tool chat, doesn't look like it has come to any resolution yet I'm afraid.

Picture of Helen Bailey
by Helen Bailey - Monday, 11 April 2016, 12:21 PM

Hi nigel,

Delete the Build folder of any course that you are getting the imsmanifest.xml preview error at {installlocation}\adapt_authoring\temp\{userid}\adapt_framework\courses\{userid}\{courseid}\ then re-preview. This worked for me.

HTH

Helen

Picture of Helen Bailey
by Helen Bailey - Monday, 11 April 2016, 12:20 PM

Hi Rui,

Delete the Build folder of any course that you are getting the imsmanifest.xml preview error at {installlocation}\adapt_authoring\temp\{userid}\adapt_framework\courses\{userid}\{courseid}\ then re-preview. This worked for me.

HTH

Helen

Picture of Arend Raifsnider
by Arend Raifsnider - Wednesday, 6 April 2016, 10:23 PM

Hi Matt. I received a new laptop at work and am working to setup the framework again. Which version of node should I be running for v2.0.8? I recall that causing me a problem last time.

Picture of Chuck Lorenz
by Chuck Lorenz - Wednesday, 6 April 2016, 10:46 PM

Hi Arend,

It's bedtime in Britain, so let me jump in and Matt can correct me if need be. Take a look at https://community.adaptlearning.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=1330 . Matt says he's working on node v4.3.1 with his standalone framework. We're more sensitive to the version used with the authoring tool. Currently the tested and preferred version for the authoring tool is v4.2.x. And the framework's gotta work within the authoring tool. If you feel you need to be careful, I'd stick to a 4.2 version of node.

- Chuck

Picture of Arend Raifsnider
by Arend Raifsnider - Thursday, 7 April 2016, 6:36 PM

Thanks Chuck. I actually got it to run with 4.4.2 of Node, since I was having a hard time with node version manager. Happy to say the migration to the new machine didn't seem to mess with my Adapt projects!