Picture of Mick  Leyden
Error installing adapt CLI
by Mick Leyden - Monday, 18 July 2016, 6:45 AM

Hello all,

I have been running adapt in a vagrant install for the last couple of months but but on the advice of some of the developers we have worked with recently am moving to a more permanent server install. Unfortunately I have run into a problem installing adapt-cli.

I have confirmed that Git is installed, that Node.js is installed, that npm is installed and have been able to install grunt-cli successfully. But I keep getting the error below if I try to install adapt-Cli. Has anyone got any suggestions? We are installing this on Windows 7 Pro 32bit.

Thanks!

Mick

Picture of Matt Leathes
Re: Error installing adapt CLI
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 18 July 2016, 11:33 AM

it's saying it's unable to connect to github.com - so first thing would be to look into whether there's anything on the computer or network the computer is on that could be causing that.

Picture of Mick  Leyden
by Mick Leyden - Monday, 18 July 2016, 7:46 PM

Hi Matt,

That was my first thought too. But I have been able to clone the authoring tool files successfully, and install grunt using npm, it is only the adapt-cli script that is failing.

Wouldn't that suggest the connection is ok?

Thanks

Mick

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 19 July 2016, 8:51 AM

It suggests that your internet connection was OK at the time you did that.

Does the error keep occurring still?

I've just tried this myself and it all works fine for me so it's generally working.

The only difference I could spot is that I'm using a slightly more recent version of Node - v4.3.1 - and npm - 2.14.12

Picture of Mick  Leyden
by Mick Leyden - Wednesday, 20 July 2016, 1:30 AM

Hey Matt,

Yeh it does, but I think it must be a system permission issue. I tested on my personal laptop and it worked fine too. I have handed it off to my colleagues in the IT department to see what they can figure out. My user profile is a local administrator, but perhaps there are some domain level permissions that are preventing it from working?

If we come up with a definitive answer I will post it here.

Cheers

Mick

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 25 July 2016, 4:51 PM

Hey Mick

Did you see this post? Might be of help...

Picture of Mick  Leyden
by Mick Leyden - Tuesday, 26 July 2016, 4:06 AM

Thanks Matt, that did the trick!

Cheers

mick