Picture of Derek Chirnside
Adaptbuilder | sample courses
by Derek Chirnside - Sunday, 7 August 2016, 9:52 PM

At present, I still cannot get a course to download using the download link.

I'm wondering is someone has a course they have done (maybe just three pages or something simple) that they could send me and I could upload and try it out.  I must be missing something simple that gives me an error.

(My post with the error in it is here: https://community.adaptlearning.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=1502#p6951)

As I have said, I'm looking for something pretty basic at this stage, something like this style of page navigation: 

Regards

-Derek

Picture of Stephen Harlow
Re: Adaptbuilder | sample courses
by Stephen Harlow - Sunday, 7 August 2016, 11:03 PM

Derek, are you using Learning Pool's adaptbuilder.io rather than a local (or vagrant) install of the Authoring tool? If so, you might be better asking Learning Pool directly. I don't know what support they provide for their free tool, nor do I know if you'll get much support for it in these forums (although there are Learning Pool staff about).

Unfortunately there's no import functionality in the standard Authoring tool as yet (adaptbuilder.io may be different), nor is there any menu option other than the standard box menu (I think your screenshot shows the cover menu). I'm rapidly realising that, at this point, to get the most out of Adapt Learning I'll need to bite the bullet and work in the framework. Another option might be to look at the Evolve authoring tool (another third party Authoring tool). At NZ$44 per month it's good value and much easier to access advanced features. Perhaps we could catch-up over Skype/Google Hangouts?

Picture of Derek Chirnside
Re: Adaptbuilder | sample courses
by Derek Chirnside - Monday, 8 August 2016, 12:59 AM

Thanks Stephen.

Yes, I'm using app.adaptbuilder.io  I've got a couple of questions in at the Mothership, they have told me I will hear back soon.

I was unsure if app.adaptbuilder.io is public yet and out of it's closed trial, and if there was a forum for this in particular so I've offered to run it for a while if they wanted.  I wondered if this was it: https://community.adaptlearning.org/enrol/index.php?id=5

Importing: yes, you are right I think, I can't find an import link in io.  A bit surprised at this.

$44.  Hmm.  I had looked for costs online, but finally sent away a request for some figures.  It will be interesting to hear back.  Like you I wondered if Adaptbuilder is too limiting (I will know once I hear back from someone) and I also have considered learning the framework.

It is a fascinating world we live in at the moment!!

I'll call you on Skype tomorrow.

Regards, Derek