Picture of Alan Bourne
V1.0.1 release date
by Alan Bourne - Wednesday, 19 March 2014, 9:36 AM

Hey all,

I know is is probably a long shot question, but with the beta of V1.0.1 now out in the public domain for testing, is there a planned date for this to be made official? We have a project we would love to use this version of the framework on when in a stable state and wondered if a planned date was set?

Cheers

Alan

me
Re: V1.0.1 release date
by Sven Laux - Wednesday, 19 March 2014, 12:29 PM

Hi Alan,

I'm afraid there isn't a fixed date but I expect it won't be far off.

Producing stable software is our greatest priority and we're keen to give the community a good chance to test. We'll also have to carefully balance the resources we have available. My general advice to anyone would be to wait for the stable release before using v1.0.1 on projects.

Thanks
Sven 

Picture of Alan Bourne
by Alan Bourne - Thursday, 20 March 2014, 6:54 AM

Hi Sven, thank you for your reply. I thought this would be the case but thought "you never know"!

I've been taking a look at the updated develop branch and there are some great improvements. My Favourite is the splitting out of theme files in the Less folder. Progress and the Draw are also great additions. These really help enhance the user experience. 

Thanks again

Picture of Himanshu Pant
by Himanshu Pant - Monday, 7 April 2014, 5:09 AM

Hi Sven,

V1.0.1 is looking pretty. Progress bar has added another star to the framework. I am very keen to hear its release date :).

Meanwhile, just to explore where i can get its source? I know its not stable yet but just to review purpose I am asking.

Thanks in advance for the response.

Himanshu

Picture of Himanshu Pant
by Himanshu Pant - Wednesday, 16 April 2014, 10:19 AM

Sven, any words on the V1.0.1 release date :)

me
by Sven Laux - Thursday, 17 April 2014, 9:53 AM

Hi everyone,

a quick update to say that we are now working towards a release of the Framework in May 2014. We will likely call this Adapt Framework version 1.1 as there have been significant changes and improvements. A preview is available here: https://community.adaptlearning.org/course/view.php?id=4

As before, we very much value stable code and well documented code, so we are committed to running this updated codebase through a thorough and professional test cycle prior to the release.

Many thanks,
Sven