Picture of Michel Gervais
Removing a uploaded theme
by Michel Gervais - Wednesday, 3 May 2017, 3:03 PM

Greetings all,

I am playing around with a modified version of the Adapt community theme as I am trying to learn more about customizing via less.

Once a theme is uploaded in the Authoring tool, it seems that you can disable it but not remove it.

Is my assumption right?

Thanks 

Picture of Simon Date
Re: Removing a uploaded theme
by Simon Date - Wednesday, 3 May 2017, 3:49 PM

Hi Michel,

You are correct. To fully delete something from the Authoring Tool follow the steps highlighted in this forum post: https://community.adaptlearning.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=1143

Simon

by Michel Gervais - Wednesday, 3 May 2017, 5:24 PM

Hello Simon, and thank you for your reply.

Regarding the followin instructions:

"1. Remove the folder containing your component from /temp/{id}/adapt_authoring/src/components/

2. Use RoboMongo (or similar) to connect to your MongoDB instance.  Locate the offending record in the componenttypes collection and remove it."

• The directory described in instruction one doesn't appear on my physical drive. I can not access it.
  • I am not sure if both instructions have to be performed (1 and 2)
  • I don't know what is a MongoDB instance

In brief, I'm still stuck with my problem and it looks like I will have to resign myself in cummulating garbage themes in Adapt until they add an interface to delete components permanently.

Thanks for the tip regardless

Picture of aaron quinn
by aaron quinn - Thursday, 4 May 2017, 5:42 PM

i'm on a mac, with a server install of the adapt authoring tool. this is how i delete themes (or components, extensions, and menus). inside of the adapt_authoring folder:

delete the theme folder here (in this example, it's adapt-theme-humbug):

delete the theme folder here, too:

open robomongo, and connect to mongodb (mongodb needs to be running):

double click (1), (2), and (3). find the theme in the list (4). right-click and delete (5).

by Michel Gervais - Thursday, 4 May 2017, 6:49 PM

Million thanks Aaron this is precious material.

I will tryi it on.