Picture of Bart D'haenens
Oh dear. Error creating first course.
by Bart D'haenens - Friday, 11 July 2014, 7:13 PM

Hello,

I was watching the video on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT-KmgAgxuo and installed Git, node.js, adapt and grunt (on Windows 8.1 and restarted the pc)

When running the command adapt create course,

It starts ok until the script reaches the following part:

installing adapt dependencies

then 2 error messages occur and the script stops. The message is twice:

Oh dear, something went wrong. I'm terribly sorry. Arguments to path.join must be strings.

I already ran npm update adapt-cli and my command line is running as an administrator.

Greetings,

Bart D.

Picture of Chris Jones
Re: Oh dear. Error creating first course.
by Chris Jones - Monday, 14 July 2014, 8:14 AM

Hello Bart,

Can you try defining an Environment variable called HOME that points to your profile.

Not sure about Win 8.1, but on Win 7 go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System then select Advanced system settings > Environment variables

Then add a new variable called HOME with the value 'C:\Users\your.username\' (or whatever the correct path to your user profile directory happens to be)

It could be that the Environment on Win 8.1 may be configured differently as default.

Chris

me
by Sven Laux - Monday, 14 July 2014, 8:46 AM

Hi Bart, hi Chris,

I went through the setup instructions using the adapt-cli on the weekend on my home Mac and also came across the same issue / error message. I'm afraid I wasn't really able to fix it either despite trying a host of approaches. 

I got to the point where I could create a course but grunt build and grunt dev would fail around the IE8 max width variable (as per this thread). Unfortunately, the steps suggested on the thread did not resolve the issue for me.

The error occurs straight after the log message "installing adapt dependencies" and I can see that the dependencies (core bundle plug-ins) are not installed.

Sven

me
by Sven Laux - Tuesday, 22 July 2014, 9:01 AM

Hi Bart,

there is an update available here: https://community.adaptlearning.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=352

Thanks,
Sven

Picture of Bart D'haenens
by Bart D'haenens - Friday, 22 August 2014, 7:52 PM

Hello Sven,

Just a quick note. I updated adapt-cli and now it seems to work.

Greetings,

Bart

me
by Sven Laux - Tuesday, 26 August 2014, 1:11 PM

Thanks for the update, Bart. Great to know this now works for you!

Sven