Picture of Thomas Barna
Authoring Tool and Framework versions
by Thomas Barna - Friday, 1 February 2019, 11:11 AM

Hi,

Just cloned the adapt_authoring from git a few days ago. It includes the framework.

When I run 'node server' to start I get the following on the console:
Adapt authoring tool 0.6.2
Adapt framework 2.3.2

Does the AT-framework version comply with the versioning for the adapt_framework which currently is at v4.0.1?

Thanks,
Thomas

Picture of Neil Hone
Re: Authoring Tool and Framework versions
by Neil Hone - Sunday, 10 February 2019, 5:25 PM

Hi Thomas,

You'll find the answer here: https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt_authoring/wiki/Upgrading-the-Adapt-Authoring-Tool\

I updated the framework to v4.0.1 as follows:

node upgrade

This script will update the Adapt authoring tool and/or Adapt Framework. Would you like to continue?
> Continue? Y/n (Y) y
> Update automatically? Y/n (Y) n

> Specific git revision to be used for the authoring tool. Accepts any valid revision type (e.g. branch/tag/commit) [leave this blank]
> Specific git revision to be used for the framework. Accepts any valid revision type (e.g. branch/tag/commit) v4.0.1

Cheers,

Neil

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 11 February 2019, 9:57 AM

I'm pretty sure the authoring tool only officially supports v2.x of the framework so, whilst you can get it to use a later version, that's (currently) unsupported.

Picture of Tom Taylor
by Tom Taylor - Thursday, 14 February 2019, 5:04 PM

Hi Thomas,

We put out a release today which adds support for v4.0.1. You can read more in this post.

As Matt has already said, it's generally best to avoid manually upgrading to framework versions other than those you can get via a fresh install, as there's usually a reason it hasn't been officially supported yet :)