Picture of Timo R
How can I get an article status or progress from my component?
by Timo R - Monday, 3 October 2022, 12:05 PM

I have created a component and integrated it on a page. This page should also contain several articles that act as tests, i.e. each contains some questions, e.g. multiple choice or text inputs.

In my component I want to visually display the progress over all these tests. Now my question is how to access the progress data.

For example, if all the questions in article 1 were answered correctly, I would like to be able to show Test 1 as completed in my component. I would like to be able to access the data that the plugin https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt-contrib-pageLevelProgress also uses or generates. It would be best if there were global events or something like that which my component could listen to. So far I haven't found anything and wanted to ask here first before continuing digging through tons of code.

Can someone give me a hint how I can achieve this or a link to a documentation where this would be comprehensible? Thanks in advance! :-)

Picture of Ignacio Cinalli
Re: How can I get an article status or progress from my component?
by Ignacio Cinalli - Monday, 3 October 2022, 1:31 PM

Hi, it might help pageLevelProgress 

Also see this post.

Hope this helps.

Picture of Oliver Foster
Re: How can I get an article status or progress from my component?
by Oliver Foster - Monday, 3 October 2022, 1:40 PM

This line triggers an event when the completion changes with all the calculation data. Here