Picture of Lance Joslyn
Unable to log in to authoring tool
by Lance Joslyn - Monday, 2 March 2015, 4:07 PM

Hi All

I'm fairly new to the Adapt frame work and authoring tool, whilst installing the authoring tool, it requires you to enter/create the super user account, git doesn't allow me to enter a password, I can only press enter. Then when I come to log in to the tool, I don't have a password to enter and cannot access the tool.

Has anyone else come across this issue?

Many thanks

Picture of Lance Joslyn
Re: Unable to log in to authoring tool
by Lance Joslyn - Tuesday, 3 March 2015, 2:59 PM

I've now been able to solve this problem, but has anyone come across an issue where making a new course isn't saving it to the dashboard so I'm unable to add content?

Picture of Helen Bailey
by Helen Bailey - Monday, 9 March 2015, 5:15 PM

Hi Lance,

Yes I'm having the same issue too I have posted into this thread : https://community.adaptlearning.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=503 so hopefully someone will help us soon.

It might be worth you posting the results of your console in that thread too?

Helen

Picture of Yan Fedyanin
by Yan Fedyanin - Monday, 30 March 2015, 6:45 PM

Lance, may I ask you, how did solve this problem? I' ve spent whole day, and haven't figured out how to finad workaround. I have changed node to 0.10.33 version

Picture of Dennis Heaney
by Dennis Heaney - Monday, 30 March 2015, 9:02 PM

Hi Yan,

If you're referring to the problem where the password does not display when you type it into the console during the install, you should be aware that this is by design. To prevent your password from being recorded in the history, it is hidden when you type it. 

If you have a different problem, please let us know by replying here. Also, be sure to check out the updated installation guide in case your issue is discussed there.

Picture of Yan Fedyanin
by Yan Fedyanin - Tuesday, 31 March 2015, 7:25 AM

Hello Dennis,

Thank you for your explanation. The problem was with the password not displaying, now everything seems to be ok and I'm ready to play with this excellent tool. Thank you again.