Picture of Lucy Hodge
Non-core component/extension review
by Lucy Hodge - Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 1:01 PM

Hi all,

I'm aware that there are a significant number of Adapt components and extensions in use that are not in the core bundle. However, there is no comprehensive list of community-developed components/extensions and their functionality, which can be a stumbling block for newcomers to the Adapt community.

If you have created a component or extension for Adapt, I'd be very grateful if you could let me know more about it (what prompted its creation, how it's been tested, how it's used, where others can download it etc) so that I can begin to create some documentation for the community.

Many thanks,

Lucy

Paul Welch
Re: Non-core component/extension review
by Paul Welch - Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 1:46 PM

Hi Lucy,

This is something we’re aware is a current gap that needs plugins. At present there are various repositories which hold lots of plugins made by various companies/individuals. For the Version 2.0 release I’d like to pull a comprehensive list together of what’s available along with the other criteria you mention such as an accompanying overview of the functionality offered, what browsers are supported, whether its accessible and so on.

I can share with you a list of all the repo’s that we’re aware of, along with details of the Kineo plugin’s as a starter for 10.

Do you want to arrange a call to discuss this?

Best regards,

Paul

Picture of Greg Pell
by Greg Pell - Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 1:51 PM

Hi Paul,

I would also be interested in finding more about this list?

Regards

Greg

Picture of Helen Bailey
by Helen Bailey - Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 2:14 PM

Me too! I'm really looking to see how I can extend Adapt now!

Helen

Picture of Amir Elion
by Amir Elion - Wednesday, 8 April 2015, 2:26 PM

Hi Pual,

Just a friendly note taking this opportunity to remind developers of this if they want to comply with RTL requirements for Adapt plugins (mostly to be aware of when developing and writing the plugin style:

https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt_framework/wiki/Adapt-Framework-Right-to-Left-(RTL)-support

:-)

Thanks,

Amir

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Thursday, 9 April 2015, 11:28 AM

You can get a list of all plugins that have been registered by doing adapt search on the command line, if that helps?

As m'colleague Paul has pointed out, Kineo have developed a lot of plugins - but currently they mostly (perhaps entirely) only work with the 'develop' version of the framework. Once that is released to be master, we will I'm sure start registering and releasing some of our plugins to the community.

Picture of Helen Bailey
by Helen Bailey - Thursday, 9 April 2015, 12:49 PM

I used Adapt Search and tried to install most of them to the authoring tool using Upload Plugin but only a couple seemed to work.

Picture of Chuck Lorenz
by Chuck Lorenz - Thursday, 9 April 2015, 12:57 PM

Hi Helen,

See if this explanation is helpful:
https://community.adaptlearning.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=588