me
Adapt wins LearnX award for Best eLearning Design Technology
by Sven Laux - Monday, 11 May 2015, 2:03 PM

Hi,

we have won another award!

Just to say a huge thank you to everyone who is involved and supporting us. More info here.

Sven

Picture of Helen Bailey
Re: Adapt wins LearnX award for Best eLearning Design Technology
by Helen Bailey - Monday, 11 May 2015, 2:36 PM

Wooohooooooooooooo!

Well done EVERYONE involved and I can't wait to see where Adapt goes now. Let's all get behind this amazing project and make it wim every award going :)

Helen

Picture of Michael Arias
by Michael Arias - Monday, 11 May 2015, 2:48 PM

Excellent! Very well deserved, congratulations!

Paul Welch
by Paul Welch - Monday, 11 May 2015, 3:22 PM

Hi Sven,

Adapt was also the framework used to build two of the other winning entries:

• Platinum winner for best bespoke course for Asada 
  • Platinum winner for best online course for CBA

Thanks,

Paul

Picture of Simon Ray
by Simon Ray - Monday, 11 May 2015, 11:08 PM

Hi all

As the receiver of the award winning Adapt project for ASADA, I can say we are very happy with the result.  So happy that we are keen to migrate all our Storyline courses onto Adapt.  I just have to work out how to install it on my Gov issued PC that doesn't like doing things... :)

If anyone wants to see it in action, it's here: http://elearning.asada.gov.au/ then click on the Level 1 anti-doping course link.  You will need to register an account, which is free...

Simon

Picture of Helen Bailey
by Helen Bailey - Tuesday, 12 May 2015, 9:18 AM

Hi Simon,

I had to get around the same issue at my University by using a completely seperate laptop that I have admin rights for!

Lovely use of Moodle on your site! Then the training is fabulous - visually impressive and uses a lot of Adapt's great features. I wish these were available in the authoring tool already! It's aspirational!

Bravo!

Helen

Picture of Simon Ray
by Simon Ray - Tuesday, 12 May 2015, 10:51 PM

Hi Helen

Thanks for those kind words, we appreciate the positive feedback.

Simon

Picture of Ronald Balhan
by Ronald Balhan - Wednesday, 13 May 2015, 10:13 AM

Hi Simon,

This looks really great and it is not only easy but most of all fun to learn. Is the dashboard also part of (core) Adapt or a separate plugin?

Ronald

Paul Welch
by Paul Welch - Wednesday, 13 May 2015, 11:30 AM

Hi Ronald,

I hope Simon doesn't mind me responding to the post but as a Kineo employee I can provide the answer here. The dashboard isn't core but the code for the diffuse assessment, guided revision feature and dashboard will all be made available as plugins within the quarter following the impending release of Version 2.0.

Many thanks,

Paul

PS: Thank you Simon for providing the link to the course. We're really glad you like the outcome :-)

Picture of Ronald Balhan
by Ronald Balhan - Wednesday, 13 May 2015, 11:42 AM

Paul,

Thanks for the prompt and clear answer. I'm looking forward to it.

Ronald

Picture of Helen Bailey
by Helen Bailey - Wednesday, 13 May 2015, 2:01 PM

I like the word "impending" - hoping that means "soon" - although I hope the authoring tool is capable of handling more plugins sooner than that! I have only found 2 that work with the authoring tool - Reveal and Responsive iFrame. I really want the search function and Resources that work.

Am I missing out massively by using the authoring tool rather than the framework? Can I take my existing authored course and put it into the framework and do more with it (plugins mainly!)?

Finally some ASADA specific questions -

• how do you do the "modules completed and percentage" variables on the menu?
  • and when launching from Moodle your course goes nicely into a new tab. When I launch I can only do it into a new window or embedded on current page. Any tips on how this is done?
  • how did you change the hotspot graphics on the timeline for instance to be circles rather than the standard "map pins"

Thanks!

Picture of Peter Smith
by Peter Smith - Wednesday, 13 May 2015, 3:35 PM

Hi Helen,

impending certainly does mean soon. We're currently ironing out the final wrinkles in the framework before announcing the code freeze and testing phase which always precedes a new release. I'm not in a position to announce a formal deadline, but would expect the code freeze to start within the next four weeks.

We're really excited about the authoring tool and the plan has always been to make it as fully featured as the framework. As the framework has been available for longer than the authoring tool, there will be a transition period as existing community components are updated to plug into the authoring tool. I know that all of us collaborators are looking at the priorities in this area and we'll keep you updated on time scales through these forums. I do know that resources will be fixed as part of the framework v2.0 release, and the search and reveal plugins are high on the list of CG Kineo priorities.

I will ask the Asada developer to respond directly to your specific questions.

Thanks,

Pete.

Picture of Helen Bailey
by Helen Bailey - Wednesday, 13 May 2015, 3:39 PM

Thanks so much for the swift and detailed reply Peter.

So excited! The next month is a very exciting time for me!

Helen

Picture of Oliver Foster
by Oliver Foster - Wednesday, 13 May 2015, 6:39 PM

Hi Helen,

I haven't seen the course in place, so I'm afraid I can't answer your moodle/new tab query. The other points were achieved with a large amount of custom code amends made at the clients request. The short answer is, that it took a lot of time and effort.

That being said, there is a lot of additional room and many roads and conversations to be explored with regards to extending the progress functionality and its representations in Adapt. It would be nice to start with some designer consensus around a few generic ideas.

Kind Regards,

Ollie.

Picture of Helen Bailey
by Helen Bailey - Thursday, 14 May 2015, 1:22 PM

Thank you Ollie!

Picture of Simon Ray
by Simon Ray - Wednesday, 13 May 2015, 11:13 PM

Good morning all!

Paul, I have no problems with your answering on our behalf, given you guys did all the work! :)

I like the sound of 2.0 coming soon. As you could expect, I am keen to shift all our eLearning development over to Adapt (from Storyline).  Will the install for 2.0 be easier than 1.0?  I'm finding the downloading the different bits problematic...

I'm really pleased our course has been received so well, from both the industry and learners.  We did push the Kineo team quite hard on what we wanted, and they achieved a fabulous outcome, reflected in the Platinum award.

CHeers again for the positive feedback!

Simon