Picture of Fabian Fernandez
Unable to register plugin component
by Fabian Fernandez - Wednesday, 27 May 2015, 7:16 PM

When I run adapt register it throws:

C:\pathToPluginRoot>adapt register

C:\GitHub\nodist\bin\node_modules\adapt-cli\node_modules\bower\node_modules\bower-config\lib\util\rc.js:55
throw error;
^
Error: Unable to parse C:\pathToPluginRoot\.bowerrc: Unexpected token ∩╗┐ 
at parse (C:\GitHub\nodist\bin\node_modules\adapt-cli\node_modules\bower\node_modules\bower-config\lib\util\rc.js:48:21) 
at json (C:\GitHub\nodist\bin\node_modules\adapt-cli\node_modules\bower\node_modules\bower-config\lib\util\rc.js:70:12)
at rc (C:\GitHub\nodist\bin\node_modules\adapt-cli\node_modules\bower\node_modules\bower-config\lib\util\rc.js:31:9)
at Config.load (C:\GitHub\nodist\bin\node_modules\adapt-cli\node_modules\bower\node_modules\bower-config\lib\Config.js:14:20)
at Function.Config.read (C:\GitHub\nodist\bin\node_modules\adapt-cli\node_modules\bower\node_modules\bower-config\lib\Config.js:49:19)
at readCachedConfig (C:\GitHub\nodist\bin\node_modules\adapt-cli\node_modules\bower\lib\config.js:21:51)
at defaultConfig (C:\GitHub\nodist\bin\node_modules\adapt-cli\node_modules\bower\lib\config.js:11:24)
at Object.<anonymous> (C:\GitHub\nodist\bin\node_modules\adapt-cli\node_modules\bower\lib\index.js:40:32)
at Module._compile (module.js:456:26)
at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:474:10)

========================

Attached you can find my .bowerrc file.
Any ideas? I'm following the steps of https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt_framework/wiki/Registering-a-plugin
BTW: I'm using Windows, not sure if this is the reason.

Picture of Tom Taylor
Re: Unable to register plugin component
by Tom Taylor - Thursday, 28 May 2015, 11:24 AM

Hi Fabian,

Can you try replacing your .bowerrc file with that attached?

by Fabian Fernandez - Friday, 29 May 2015, 6:45 PM

Great! It worked! Why is that?

BTW: Is it required that the Plugin/Component be published online publicly? I'm asking because in fact this is a plugin development for a client I have and he is interested to not publish this component.

Thanks!

by Fabian Fernandez - Monday, 1 June 2015, 6:48 PM
by Fabian Fernandez - Monday, 8 June 2015, 7:52 PM

Hi Tom, can you explain me why is your bower file working and not mine although they both have the same content? Is it the enconding? Which encoding are they using?

Im running over the same problem again...

Thanks

by Fabian Fernandez - Friday, 19 June 2015, 6:33 PM

Just if anyone is having the same problem, it was an encoding issue talked about here:
https://community.adaptlearning.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=768#p3622