me
Re: Running Adapt on Moodle 2.5
by Sven Laux - Tuesday, 23 June 2015, 3:18 PM

Hi Geoff,

I had a quick look.

By the looks of it you have configured the SCORM activity to launch in a new window. In doing so, Moodle opens a new window, places the SCORM player 'frame' inside of it and then loads the Adapt course into that frame. The issue you then get is that the frame itself is not responsive and doesn't let you scroll.

To remedy that, we set SCORM activities up as follows:

• configure the SCORM activity to launch in the same window
  • modify the Adapt course to include a launcher page, i.e. a page that opens the Adapt index page a new window. Make sure that the imsmanifest.xml file points at the launcher page (instead of the Adapt course index file)

The effect this has is that the Adapt course is opened directly into the new window and does not sit within a non-responsive / non-scroll able frame. This should fix the issue with Moodle deployment. I hope this makes sense - I'm aware this does require some technical changes and maybe the community can provide an example to make this as easy as possible for everyone. There have been previous discussions on this subject here. Maybe there are some helpful pointers in these...

Thanks,
Sven

Geoff with small beard
Re: Running Adapt on Moodle 2.5
by Geoff Power - Thursday, 30 July 2015, 1:51 PM

Hi All

Thanks for your encouragement, direction and help

Looking at the date of my post I was probably panicking - only a week to go to a public launch!

Sven's answer and the link to the technical forum solved my problem and increased my understanding.

The launch went well and Migration Yorkshire who paid for the development are now promoting it.
You can see the 1.0 version at that link and we'll be distributing it through the LearningPool route and a CC attrib NC license to anyone else.
As always I'd wait a bit for a 1.1 or above version - I've got some videos to add and tidying up to do.