Picture of Pedro Monteiro
Adapt Builder Working Please
by Pedro Monteiro - Wednesday, 5 August 2015, 9:29 PM

There are several users can not implement the build adapt tools working. thanked those who can make available commands and procedures step by step in a version that is up and running . It was a good step for more feedback and improve the quality of the project. I would like receive step by step from version 0.1.1 for example. 

after following all the steps to install the old version , it always pulls a conflict of versions .

EXAMPLE:

checking configuration, please wait a moment ...
adapt Builder v0.1.1
the Adapt Framework being used is v1.1.1 - v2.0.1 is now available
run "node upgrade.js" to update to the latest version

thank you
Picture of Helen Bailey
Re: Adapt Builder Working Please
by Helen Bailey - Thursday, 6 August 2015, 2:39 PM

Pedro.

Open a CMD prompt

CD to your adapt_authoring folder

run GRUNT BUILD

run NODE SERVER

Go to the builder and try and preview.

ANy joy?

Picture of Dennis Heaney
by Dennis Heaney - Thursday, 6 August 2015, 4:33 PM

Hi all,

A fresh install of the authoring tool should now be possible by following this post:

https://community.adaptlearning.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=868

It should resolve the issue above.

Picture of Pedro Monteiro
by Pedro Monteiro - Friday, 7 August 2015, 10:47 AM

unfortunately I can not finish and have the funionar tool in preview and publish . Attached put the two errors and version. I appreciate all the help. thanks

Picture of Dennis Heaney
by Dennis Heaney - Friday, 7 August 2015, 11:38 AM

Hi Pedro,

There is a bug in the error logging, I notice. I will raise the issue on github.

For now, can you please edit the file C:\Users\Pedro Monteiro\pt\adapt_authoring\routes\download\index.js and on line 53, change the line:

logger.log('error', error);

to

logger.log('error', err);

And then attempt a preview again. You will still get an error, but there should be more information in the error message. Please post that error.

However: before you do any of that, please ensure that you have tried a completely fresh install of the tool. This means removing the directory C:\Users\Pedro Monteiro\pt\adapt_authoring completely, cloning the project from github again, and rerunning the "npm install" and "node install" steps.