I can't see anything out of whack in the adapt.less file at the line indicated:

Running Windows 7, Adapt framework v2.0.0

Any help appreciated.

Simon

Picture of Ryan Lehmann
Re: Error in grunt dev launch
by Ryan Lehmann - Tuesday, 12 January 2016, 11:51 AM

Hi Simon,

You may need to post a bit more of your adapt.less file. The bracket is expected at line 6686, above where your screenshot shows. And if it's a stray opening bracket that shouldn't be there, it'll be up even higher.

Edit: oh you also likely need to track down the less file that css comes from. I think all of the less filesin your theme get compiled into one big less file. If you 've fixed the adapt.less file manually, it may get wiped out every time you build. I think anyway.

Cheers,

Ryan

Picture of Simon Ray
by Simon Ray - Tuesday, 12 January 2016, 10:09 PM

Wow, that's weird...the line indicated seems to have changed at some point...

Here is the correct screenshot, but it is exactly the same...

Picture of Ryan Lehmann
by Ryan Lehmann - Wednesday, 13 January 2016, 12:00 AM

Hmm.  That is weird.  I believe that's getting pulled from wrapper.less in the vanilla theme: https://github.com/adaptlearning/adapt-contrib-vanilla/blob/26358f9dac04bafff6fd56ac580dceffcb917fd7/less/src/wrapper.less

Everything looks exactly the same as your file.  All I can think of is that it might actually be problem with something higher up in the adapt.less file, but that might be tricky to track down. So, it may be worthwhile attaching your full adapt.less file here. But otherwise, I'm stumped.  Maybe someone else can help here?

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Wednesday, 13 January 2016, 10:40 AM

Hi all

My understanding is that the grunt task concatenates all the various *.less files together into adapt.less before then attempting to compile it to css. So you shouldn't ever need to edit adapt.less

Given that it does work if you 'force' it, I'd suggest it's actually something going wrong in the grunt process rather than anything you've done.

What's strange is that, even though it's not quite the same error, this particular line of LESS does seem to be at the heart of quite a few reported problems, specifically here, here, here and here.

The grunt build tool is actually being changed fairly extensively at the moment so this update may solve this issue. If you have any time to test the update, that would be very helpful.

Picture of Simon Ray
by Simon Ray - Wednesday, 13 January 2016, 6:36 PM

Hi Matt

Thanks for this. I'll have a play with it this morning when I get in to work.

Simon

Picture of Simon Ray
by Simon Ray - Tuesday, 19 January 2016, 5:37 AM

Hi Matt

I went to test your suggestion, but I couldn't work it out.  I'm not quite up with the whole grunt stuff.

What I did do though was reinstall adapt into the working file and that fixed it.  I lost all my theme colour changes, but I no longer get the error.

Sorry I couldn't help with the grunt build tool test.

Simon