Picture of Kat Tow
SCORM 2004?
by Kat Tow - Tuesday, 21 August 2018, 8:01 PM

What options are available if I'd like to publish my courses in SCORM 2004, but some of my team relies on the AT? I know that SCORM 2004 isn't supported for the AT, and as far as I know there aren't any plans to support it in the future - is there another way?

Picture of Kat Tow
Re: SCORM 2004?
by Kat Tow - Tuesday, 21 August 2018, 9:00 PM

To clarify - I've read this helpful thread as well as this one.

I meant to ask, is there a way to do this without changing the files every time from 1.2 to 2004, or fully replacing the spoor extension to only use 2004? Are there plans to support it in the future?

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Tuesday, 28 August 2018, 11:53 AM

I'm afraid the answers are 'no' and 'no'... for several reasons:

• It's not a straightforward task to have it switch the files
  • It's pretty easy to manually switch the files
  • SCORM 2004 just isn't that widely supported
  • we really need to concentrate our resources on adding features like xAPI support
Picture of Kat Tow
by Kat Tow - Friday, 31 August 2018, 5:18 PM

Thanks Matt - I'm not familiar enough with SCORM's specification to manually switch the files - do you have any tips or resources if it is easy to do manually?

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 3 September 2018, 10:37 AM

Hi Kat

It's easy enough to do manually. You just need to replace the file imsmanifest,xml and all the .xsd files in the spoor plugin's 'required' folder with the appropriate ones from here (probably the SCORM 2004 4th edition 'no metadata' ones)

You'll also then need to edit imsmanifest.xml to change any reference to index.html over to index_lms.html and to include @@course.title and @@course.description wherever you want the course title/description to be shown

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Monday, 3 September 2018, 11:34 AM

Sorry just realised - if you meant 'manually switch out the files after publishing the course from the AT' then the above instructions aren't quite right... to do this you need to take the .zip file you get after publishing and extract the contents of it.

You then need to:

• open config.json for editing (you'll probably need to 'prettify' it using something like this so that it's readable)
  • find the _spoor section and add an _advancedSettings section to it
  • add "_scormVersion": "2004" to the _advancedSettings section then save the file
  • delete all the existing .xsd files and imsmanifest.xml
  • get the SCORM 2004 versions (as per previous post)
  • edit imsmanifest.xml to
    • replace any references to index.html with index_lms.html
    • include the correct course title and description
  • re-zip the files
  • upload to LMS and test

Picture of Kat Tow
by Kat Tow - Tuesday, 4 September 2018, 10:13 PM

Thanks a ton Matt! That was indeed easy.

I am getting an error similar to what Melissa experienced here, except that I did specify SCORM 2004.

SCORM.API.find: SCORM version 2004 was specified by user, but API_1484_11 cannot be found.
SCORM.API.find: Error finding API. Find attempts: 0. Find attempt limit: 500

My course is completing without issue in SCORM Cloud, but will not upload to my LMS (Cornerstone).
I've attached my config.json

Thanks again!!

Picture of Matt Leathes
by Matt Leathes - Wednesday, 5 September 2018, 9:25 AM

Hi Kat

That message indicates that you have correctly configured Adapt to do SCORM 2004 but suggests the LMS is not aware you want to track using SCORM 2004.

As you're using Cornerstone the most likely explanation is that this LMS only supports SCORM 2004 2nd and 3rd edition, so you just need to change over to the SCORM 2004 3rd edition manifest files

Picture of Kat Tow
by Kat Tow - Thursday, 6 September 2018, 6:18 PM

Thanks again! That worked like a dream.